About iCowHide UK / Care Guide (FAQ)
- We are an international brand with branch offices in UK, Canada, Australia, US, and Europe. We have two decades of experience in rugs and floor covering businesses.
- Our UK inventory is in North London and we usually ship within 48 business hours from the time the order is placed. (Contact us.)
- We work directly with manufacturers in South America and that enables us to offer the best products at best prices.
Why Brazilian cowhide are better than woven rugs?
There are at least ten reasons:
- Exceptional Durability: Brazilian cowhide rugs are renowned for their long-lasting nature, ensuring that they can withstand heavy foot traffic.
- Unique Patterns: Each rug has a one-of-a-kind pattern, lending a distinct touch to your decor.
- Hypoallergenic: These rugs are ideal for those with allergies, as cowhide is naturally anti-allergenic.
- Easy Maintenance: The natural resistance of cowhide to stains and spills makes cleaning and maintenance hassle-free.
- Versatility: Available in a variety of colors and patterns, they can be matched with different decor styles.
- Comfort: Brazilian cowhide rugs are soft and comfortable underfoot, enhancing the overall comfort of your space.
- Sunlight Resistance: They are resistant to fading, maintaining their vibrant colours even with exposure to sunlight.
- Sustainable: Since they are a by-product of the meat industry, using these rugs helps to minimise waste.
- Improves Room Aesthetics: A well-placed cowhide rug can transform a room, adding warmth and visual interest.
- Pet-Friendly: Due to their durability and easy-to-clean nature, these rugs are well-suited to households with pets.
- The images on our web store are the images of the actual products, except for a few items which we note in their product info. You can rest assured that the piece you receive is the piece you have purchased.
- We separately measure every piece, so you know how the product will fit in your room before you place your order.
- We import directly from the best and most conscious producers in the world. That means we can offer the best quality at best prices while making sure our products were produced in fair conditions.
- We ship from our London inventory in Camden. Standard shipping is free for all of the UK, including Northern Ireland. We also provide fast (up to 3 work-day) and express (next-work-day) shipping at the checkout.
What is your shipping policy?
- iCowhide UK is pleased to offer free standard shipping across UK. Read the rest of our shipping policy.
- Our free Standard shipping takes 4-7 work-days. Fast (up to 3 work-days) and Express (next work-day) delivery are also available at checkout. For express next-day deliveries, place your order before 7AM. Next-day delivery orders, placed on Friday before 7AM, will be delivered on Monday, otherwise on Tuesday.
- Our standard deliveries are shipping in plastic bags. But our Fast and Express deliveries arrive in a slick narrow plain cardboard boxes (50 x 35 x 10 cm) which are perfectly suitable for gifts.
What is your rating on Trustpilot?
Our previous customers have left nearly 400 reviews on Trustpilot and have given us an average rating of 4.8 out of 5. Every single customer is automatically invited by Trustpilot to leave a review and we have no control on them. (Read all our Trustpliot reviews.)
How to style cowhide rugs?
Cowhide rugs can fit well with several decor styles, including:
- Rustic/Lodge: Cowhide's natural texture and earthy colors complement the rough-hewn aesthetic of rustic interiors.
- Western/Cowboy: As cowhide is a by-product of the livestock industry, it can add a touch of authenticity to Western-style decor.
- Bohemian/Eclectic: Cowhide's versatile look and texture can add texture and interest to bohemian or eclectic spaces.
- Modern/Minimalist: The clean lines and neutral colors of many cowhide rugs can fit in well with modern or minimalist decor.
Note that cowhide rugs can complement a variety of decor styles, and they can be used as an accent piece to add texture and warmth to any room.
Are your cowhides ethical?
- Leather, in all its forms has always been and will always be a byproduct of the meat industry. No cows are ever killed for their skins, Not only it is completely unethical and inhumane, it's completely unnecessary and not even economical to kill a whole cow, waste it all in order to sell its hide for £200.
- There are billions of people eating meat all over the world and millions of cows are providing for that purpose. There is a huge amount of over supply of the skin and if the skin is not used for a good purpose, it will go to landfills and is completely wasted, and unfortunately most of it is being wasted. so by using the skin as a rug or other leather products, you will be solving a problem, not creating one.
- We work closely with the best tanneries in South America who buy the skins from slaughter houses whom are also under strict supervision.
How do your offers and discounts work?
We have multiple promotions at any given time to our email subscribers. They work on most sale items, but our clearance sale items are usually excluded. (Join our mailing list via the popup or below this page to receive offers and promotions.)
- We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. That means if you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days of receiving your order. No questions asked. (Read our full return policy.)
- Our UK office serves our UK customers directly so you can rest assured that you will receive the high quality customer service that you expect from a local company.
How do you clean and maintain cowhides?
- Our beautiful and natural cowhide rugs are effortlessly easy to maintain.
- These rugs simply do not hold dust and dirt as other normal carpets and woven rugs do. All it requires is a frequent shake or vacuum, just being sure to clean it in the direction of the hairs.
- In the case of a spill, simply apply light pressure with a clean towel to soak up liquid and apply warm, soapy liquid to the affected area. Blot dry. Brush the hair in the direction of the follicles to keep it soft and lustrous.
- Please do not beat the rug as this can cause damage.
- If treated with care, your new cowhide rug will last for many years.
How can I get rid of creases in my cowhide rug?
There are several methods you can try to get rid of creases in your cowhide rug. These include reverse rolling the rug in the opposite direction of the crease and leaving it rolled up for a few days, placing weighted objects such as books or furniture on top of the creased area, dampening the crease and applying weight, or using heat from a hairdryer on low or a steamer to warm up the creased area and work the crease out with your hands.
Will these methods completely eliminate all creases?
Cowhide rugs are natural products and may have variations and imperfections that add to their unique beauty. While these methods can help to reduce the appearance of creases, they may not completely eliminate them.
Is it important to take care when handling my cowhide rug?
Yes, it's important to handle your cowhide rug with care to avoid damaging the delicate hair fibers. Avoid exposing the rug to direct sunlight or heat, and use a soft-bristled brush to gently clean the rug as needed.
Why are you so amazing?
Sorry. We can't help it! 😎